VISITORS

Saturday 10 December 2011

Systematic manipulation of marks by UPSC in case of Dr.Prashant Chakkarwar.(TAKE HOME MESSAGE: DO ANYTHING WE WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF FINAL LIST BY MISUSING SCALING/MODERATION SYSTEM)

 He had cleared Prelims. in his first attempt, He was just short of 4-5 marks to qualify for interview. In that year manipulation was done by UPSC in his Essay marks. He was awarded only 80 marks (out of 200), inspite of doing quite well in Essay. 
In his 2006 attempt, they have awarded just 69 marks (out of 300) to him in General Studies- II (His scores in same paper in 2004,2005 and 2008 were 124,125 and 134 respectively.) While, he was awarded only 119 marks (Out of 300) in Anthropology- II. (His marks in same paper in 2004,2005 and 2008 were 179,159 and 200 respectively.) Same story was repeated in Public Administration-I paper, where he was awarded only 108 marks (Out of 300) and was systematically kept out of list. 
In his last attempt in 2008 they again awarded 80 marks (out of 200) in Essay and 113 marks (out of 300) in Anthropology- I (My marks in Anthropology- I, in 2004, 2005, 2006 attempts were 139,151,177 respectively). Thus inspite of qualifying for interview, he was again systematically kept out of final selection list.

3 comments:

  1. The same happened with me, I got 66 in paper 1 geography,66 in essay,66 in gs 2 in my last and final attempt(4th). I wrote mains 3 times earlier and appeared in interview in 2008, my marks were 150plus in each paper and 110 in essay every time and in my last attempt when I was expecting 200 in geog paper one ,I made 18 diagrams for climate change question along with explanations.I got trained under noted geographer manic hussain who was also former paper checker in upscale in my last attempt.I filled an rti,I was denied info on flimsy grounds.I got so frustrated with the rti and follow up thing an upscale inaction and favouritism to some,I left this country for Canada.thank god I left India,god bless upscale motherfuckers. Dr hemant Garg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Govt have to take note of this, UPSC is spoiling the careers of most intellectual youths of India. If after such treatment from our own govt, if intellectual youths leave this country , who is responsible for it and who is at loss. Now, its time to think on it. Govt, civil society , judiciary and media should work together to put an end to such Sell of Public Posts......

      Delete
  2. My experience is similar.I appeared in 1983 for civil services(Main).After declaration of result when I applied for Re valuation UPSC refused for it. Moreover concealed information about scaling which was breach of Trust by UPSC.now I want to take legal action for it. Please intiate me address of expert lawyer.

    ReplyDelete